Buckwheat (buckwheat) is a popular plant in our country. Groats are just a storehouse of useful elements, and its use in food has a beneficial effect on the activity of the body:
Buckwheat contains a lot of antioxidants and amino acids. Antioxidants are an indispensable component that promotes the formation of cell membranes, and also protect the body from negative factors.
The presence of vitamins, vegetable fats in cereals contributes to the full vital activity of the body.
Groats are useful for those who want to lose weight, and are also recommended for vegetarians.
Unground buckwheat is produced using a special technology that preserves all the useful properties of the product. Buckwheat as a side dish is very tasty, saturates with energy and health.
Where can you buy buckwheat
In the company “Small wholesale base on Zapadnaya” there is buckwheat in bulk and in small wholesale, packaged in packages weighing 0.8 kg. Working with us, you get such bonuses as:
- All products are certified and have documents confirming their quality.
- A large assortment. The company’s catalog and two warehouses in Minsk contain only fresh products: from meat, dairy products, fish to groceries (cereals, flour, starch, spices, tea and coffee, and so on). In total – more than 1000 items of goods of 360 domestic and foreign brands.
- After placing an order, specialists will take care of its quick assembly and delivery to your address.
- We have a low price for buckwheat and other products due to cooperation with suppliers directly.
Buckwheat is one of the most popular dishes, but it appeared in the diet in the 17th century. The homeland of buckwheat is considered to be southern China (Yunnan province), and the first mention of the grain goes back to the 15th century BC! Then it appeared in Japan and Korea, but only during the Tatar-Mongol invasion did it come to Europe.
Buckwheat noodles were prepared in Tibet and China – wheat was not common in those regions. Over time, buckwheat noodles called soba appeared in Korea, Japan and Italy. In India, the grain crop was used during periods of strict fasting, making pancakes and potatoes doused in buckwheat flour from it. Pork sausage wrapped in buckwheat pancake is a type of fast food in some areas of France to this day.
Done. This is a crushed grain called a chopped grain. Its advantage is its fast cooking, pleasant aroma and delicate texture, which makes it convenient for preparing cereals and casseroles. Ground buckwheat is referred to its subspecies – it is easier for the elderly and children to digest.
Buckwheat flour. It is a fine grain mixture used to make biscuits, breads, pancakes, and noodles.
Buckwheat is an excellent source of vegetable protein, fiber, tryptophan, potassium, phosphorus, manganese, vitamins of group B and E.
Scientific studies have shown that the dietary fiber present in cereals has anti-carcinogenic properties, prevents the growth of cancer cells, and also reduces the risk of hormone-dependent cancer by 50%. Let’s dwell on the advantages of grain crops:
- removes toxins and strengthens the immune system;
- lowers blood sugar and cholesterol;
- improves blood circulation;
- strengthens the nervous system;
- a source of phytoestrogens that help women with hormonal disruptions;
- Experts do not recommend often using buckwheat for people with chronic kidney disease. Also, nutritionists do not advise combining cereals with plant proteins, avoiding adding cheese, sugar, and adding herbs, mushrooms and vegetables to the porridge.
Buckwheat in folk medicine
- we take one part of cereal, two parts of water;
- until the water boils, cook over high heat, and then maintain a moderate boil;
- A tasty and crumbly porridge is obtained if the steam is not lost, and you do not interfere with the cooking process. We emphasize that when boiling for more than 20 minutes, cereals begin to lose their beneficial properties. Nutritionists are of the opinion that it is necessary to shorten the heat treatment time, and then insist the porridge for an hour until fully cooked.
We offer you to pay attention to the original recipe for the preparation of cereal – grechotto. This is a type of risotto that is mixed with rice. To prepare a dish with your own hands you will need:
- A glass of kernels.
- 500 ml of any broth.
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil.
- 70 grams of Parmesan.
Fry the onion and garlic in a pan in olive oil and butter until half cooked. Then we combine them with mushrooms, spices, spices and fry for two minutes. Add the cereal, heating it over moderate heat for five minutes, then begin to gradually pour in the broth in small portions. When the cereal is at the half-cooked stage, fill the mass with wine and increase the heating. After the alcohol has evaporated, add the cream and grated cheese. We are waiting for these two ingredients to combine with buckwheat, and then turn off the heat. According to gourmets, grechotto is prepared quickly, has a juicy creamy consistency and an unusual taste.
Making buckwheat tea
- brew with boiling water for two minutes, and for a richer taste, increase the infusion time;
As a result of brewing, a decoction with a nutty taste is obtained, which has practically no contraindications. The infusion improves the condition of blood vessels and prevents the formation of age spots, in addition, it is rich in protein, rutin and antioxidants.
Check out the homemade whole grain bread recipe, which is an easy substitute for premium wheat flour. To begin with, three glasses of kernels are poured overnight with water, and in the morning, draining the liquid, combine the cereal with salt and a cup of water, grind in a blender to a puree consistency. Next, the buckwheat mass is poured into a glass container, covered with a towel and left to ferment for a day. The next day, the “dough” is transferred to a mold greased with vegetable oil, followed by baking at a temperature of 190 degrees for an hour. After the bread has cooled, it can be sliced. If desired, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds can be added to the dough.
How to choose
- name, grade;
- manufacturer’s address and name;
- the nutritional value;
High-quality grain will be clean, colored in one tone, and have smooth edges. When the choice in appearance has been made, if possible, check the smell, whether it is moldy – such a product is dangerous to health, it cannot be bought, or must be returned to the store! Bitterness, sourness in taste is also not acceptable – this is a consequence of infection of the cereal with microorganisms.
The color and shape of the kernels will tell you if the product is of good quality. If you want to purchase non-steamed cereals, choose grains of a creamy, yellowish hue, they have more useful properties, although this increases the cooking time.
You can buy goods in any market near your home, in well-proven online stores where promotions are held. We emphasize that experts do not recommend storing a grain product for a “rainy day”, because the fats in the grain, at high humidity at home, can turn rancid, and this entails a loss of valuable properties.